November 14, 2011 - 7:24amUpdated: November 14, 2011 - 5:27pm
An Occupy Regina protesters holds the SaskPower cease and desist letter on Nov. 14, 2011. Samantha Maciag/News Talk Radio
Previous1 of 15Next
If Occupy Regina protesters were using propane heaters to keep warm, they can't do that anymore.
About a dozen tents remain at the camp and each one was delivered a cease and desist letters from SaskPower.
Reg Lowey with SaskPower says that's because a lack of ventilation causes a build-up of carbon monoxide which can be lethal and they don't want anyone to die.
"The gas act says that you can't have anything burning anything inside a building. You can't have a propane tank or propane cylinder inside," said Lowey.
Protesters acknowledge this could make things more difficult, but still have no intention of leaving their site in the northeast corner of Victoria Park.(Share your thoughts on this development on our Regina Facebook page.)