Listen to daily commentary from provincial news director Sarah Mills
Sarah Mills says the resignation of Paul Chiang, a Liberal candidate who called for an opponent to be turned over to the...
Police say a truck driver in Regina was not at fault when they struck and killed a pedestrian last week.
According to police, officers were called Friday afternoon to Seventh Avenue East, where they found a man lying in the roadway after being struck by a large truck. Paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene.
Traffic was briefly rerouted around the scene of the crash, as officers looked into the cause of the collision.
“Officers from our Traffic Safety Unit and Forensic Identification Unit conducted the investigation and concluded the driver of the vehicle was not at fault,” police said in a statement. “As such, no charges will be laid.”